Many adults crave to have that picture-perfect straight smile but are turned off at the thought of having traditional braces. In recent years, traditional metal braces have become more popular among adult patients worldwide. Although they will transform your smile, having a mouth full of metal may cause some to smile less or be self-conscious of their smile. That’s precisely what we don’t want here at Station Park Dental. We want all of our patients to have a wide variety of treatments to choose from so they can select the one that will improve their overall quality of life.
At Station Park Dental, we are dedicated to giving our patients what they want. For orthodontic treatment, we offer Invisalign, a clear aligner treatment that can maintain your appearance while fixing the alignment of your teeth.
Why Choose Aligners as your Orthodontic Treatment
Invisalign aligners have become the most popular and quickest way to receive a straight smile. Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign aligners offer unique benefits, including:
- Removable: Unlike traditional braces, aligners customized for your Invisalign treatment are removable. We recommend that aligners be worn for at least 22 hours each day to do their job correctly. You can remove them to eat, brush and floss your teeth, and play physical sports to prevent them from breaking.
- Invisible: Being transparent and unrecognizable by the ordinary eye is probably the main benefit of Invisalign clear aligners. Maintaining your self-esteem in your smile and a professional appearance while receiving orthodontic treatment will help you feel more comfortable.
- Comfortable: Orthodontic treatments are commonly described as being slightly uncomfortable due to them taking so much space in the mouth and the appliances being painful. Each aligner set that we give you throughout the duration of your treatment is completely customized to fit your smile at each stage. Aligners are also fabricated from this soft plastic material that will cause no rubbing.
- Quicker Treatment: Most Invisalign treatments can last 10-12 months. Other orthodontic treatments are more extensive and require constant tightening and time in the office.
- Maintain Oral Health: Because Invisalign aligners are removable, patients can brush and floss their teeth as usual. Being removable allows patients to maintain and even improve their oral health while undergoing orthodontic treatment. Cleaning and polishing your teeth with braces is complicated because the brackets are cemented onto the outer surfaces. It also makes receiving restorative treatment easier.
Will Invisalign Affect My Speech?
Invisalign aligners are smooth and thin, designed to fit with a sleek hold to your teeth to allow your mouth to adapt to them. Any time you put something in your mouth, it will affect your speech. For example, you might notice a slight lisp after putting in your new aligners. However, as you and your mouth get used to wearing them, this lisp will go away.
Cosmetic procedures at a dental office are centered around enhancing the appearance of one’s smile. At Station Park Dental, we offer numerous cosmetic treatments for our patients to choose from, each strengthening the smile in different ways. Although we offer other cosmetic treatments, Invisalign and professional teeth whitening are the most common.
Typically, our patients taking steps to straighten and perfect their smile by aligning their teeth also want to enhance its shade. If you are currently undergoing an Invisalign treatment and are concerned about the shade of your smile and would like to change it, please speak with us at your next appointment.
Invisalign in Farmington, Utah
We offer Invisalign treatment for all of our adult patients looking to enhance their smile into something they love. We believe that having a beautiful and healthy smile increases confidence and helps patients feel happier in their everyday life. Please call our dental office for more information on Invisalign treatments and how they will benefit your oral health.
We look forward to helping you advance your smile to the next level!